Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Friends + The City

This is why I love my BFF {emily yeager}. She calls me Sunday night to tell me that her and her hubby {levi} missed their flight out of Maui and are getting on a new flight that will put them in San Francisco for a lay over on Monday. An ALL DAY lay over. This meant they were coming to San Fransisco for a day to play. I love how spontaneous they are. Love.

Owen and I ditched work Monday and picked them up from the air port nice and early Monday morning. We went down town and had breakfast and saw a few touristy spots: Coit Tower {which has a great 360 degree view of the city and bay} then went down the famous Lombard Street {the crooked street}. Then we headed over to Union Square for some quick shopping.


At Union Square we jumped on a good ol' San Francisco trolley to take us to Fishermans Wharf.


Who knew trolleys could be so fun!? They really do let you hang off the sides while driving through the streets. We could've spent all day riding those things. It was so cool to see all of the homes and apartment styles throughout the city. It really is a one of a kind place!




We got to Fishermans Wharf and grabbed some lunch {clam chowder + fish & chips of course}






Even though it was a bit rainy, we decided to do the bike ride across the Golden Gate Bridge. It was a 8 mile round trip and I almost died. Those hills are KILLER on my little legs. But we made it. And what a sight it was! It was unreal to be riding across that bridge looking down at the ocean.




We finished off the day {and our bike ride} with some cold, delicious Ghirardelli's ice cream.


Owen found his new favorite: The Peanut Butter Hot Fudge Sundae. It was a pretty dang good sundae.


I loved my play date in San Francisco with my love, my bestie and her love. I cannot wait until they come back for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment