Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter

Happy Easter Everyone!

Easter holds a special place in our hearts. It was two years ago on Easter day that I found a lone Easter basket on the Y mountain and Owen proposed. What a special day.





I love how I follow the exact same Easter traditions that I had growing up. Easter just wouldn't be the same without them.


Owen and I spent Saturday night dying Easter eggs together


{Such concentration}





We woke up Sunday morning and hunted for our Easter baskets. Mine was hiding in the dog house. Owen's was behind the couch pillows. Our hiding spots are pretty limited in our tiny apartment.


After church {and our fabulous Primary Easter lesson} I made a yummy Easter dinner {I LOVE Easter dinner} for the two of us: Honey Ham, Cheesy Potatoes, Deviled Eggs, Asparagus and Rolls. Yumm.



Also on Easter morning we found out that Owen's sweet Great Grandma Watkins had passed away. What an amazing women she was. She spent her 100+ years of life being a living testimony of a faithful latter-day saint women. She left behind a legacy that I hope to follow. What a great example she was and I'm glad I got to know her for a short amount of time.


Even though her passing is sad, it is a great reminder of the message of Easter:
Jesus Christ
is our Savior and Lord. He is a resurrected Being. He lives today. His resurrection means that life does not end at death, for he promised :
"Because I live, ye shall live also".




1 comment:

  1. So I just realized Owen's Great Grandma is my Great Aunt (my Grandpa's sister)! I was also sad to hear of her passing, but what a life! I could only dream of living to 100 & passing in my sleep!

    ReplyDelete