Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Merry 2011

This post is long over due since Christmas/New Years was like forever ago. But like always, I'm trying to document our lovely lives.

So Christmas 2010 was spent with both the Allens and Masseys. We spent early Christmas morning over at the Howey's to watch the kidos open presents. Love it! It makes Christmas morning so much more enjoyable. We had a great breakfast with the Allen family.

We then headed over to my parent's house to open our presents but most importantly, talk to the twins (who are on their mish).

Christmas Morning

Talking to Preston (Argentina) while sitting around the Christmas candy table

SKYPING with Taylor (Paraguay). It was A.W.E.S.O.M.E. He loved that we could take the computer and show him our Christmas around the house.

The remainder of 2010 was a cold one. See below. That's right...it was snowing in Mesa (even though it didn't stick to the ground at all).

For New Years Weekend my parents rented a condo up in Pinetop to hang out and go snowboarding. I love mini-vacays!

Driving in the blizzard up to Pinetop. The usual 3 hour drive took us 7...Blah!

Part of the reason the drive took so long...we had to figure out how to put chains on our cars. Us Arizona peeps aren't used to this kind of stuff.

Finally made it to the condo and the hot tub. Hmmm.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!! This is how we rang in the new year...playing settlers...

...and guzzling Sparkling Cider

We woke up bright and early to go snowboarding at Sunrise on New Years Day
It was -9 degrees...Oh.My.Burrrr.

Dad and Mom

Jake and Jessica


So after a great day of Snowboarding (with no falls for me...yesss), we came home to our condo. We opened the door and water came POURing out of the front door. We walked in to 6 inches of water on the entire bottom floor. Flooded. I guess that's what happens when it's ridiculously cold outside and the pipes freeze then burst. So we spent 2 hours sweeping water out (barefoot I might add) and trying to get everything off the ground and packed into our cars.

We ended up staying at a lovely Motel 8 that night. Overall it had potential to be an awesome New Years Weekend with the family in the mountains. It was still a fun and memorable one though.

My lack of posting has been due to a BUSY December/January. We are officially moved in to our new apartment here in Northern Cali. Post and pictures of the move coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment