Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Red, White & Blue

4th of July
happens to be my favorite holiday.
I grew up doing the same thing every 4th of July up until 4 years ago. I'm a girl of tradition, so being away from my family for the holiday was a bit sad.

However, Owen and I decided to make the best of it. We both had a break from work and a long weekend ahead of us. We decided to stay home and celebrate, and I'm glad we did! It ended up being great 4th of July weekend with just the two of us.


FRIDAY
We kicked off the weekend by seeing Transformers 3 on Friday night.
Does any one else wish that Transformers were real? I think they are awesome...I wish I had a car-friend like Bumblebee.
And I got to eat my favorite dinner of Movie Popcorn, Jalapenos and Junior Mints

SATURDAY
On Saturday, we spent all day in Mountain View, CA for the Vans Warped Tour.
There's something about the craziness of Warped Tour that I just love.


I'm really glad my hubby and I share the same likeness in music and concerts.
And even though I only really liked 4/40 bands, it was a fun day.

The only bad part of the day was at the end when I realized how much my feet and back actually hurt.
I might be getting a little too old to be standing and pushing my way around crowds all day.

SUNDAY
Sunday consisted of a sick husband, me teaching our very empty primary class and sitting on the couch all day watching this in honor of the upcoming 4th of July:

If you have Netflix you HAVE to watch this. Its American History class all over again, but a million times more interesting. It really does make me proud of our American heritage and the country that we live in.


MONDAY
HAPPY 4th OF JULY
Monday morning we woke up nice and early and headed down to the Santa Cruz beach for an all day beach sesh. We got there at 9:00 AM and stayed there all day long.

It was nice and hot at the beach. The water was even tolerable without a wet suit.
We set up a little BBQ, ate food and played at the beach.


After we got home from the beach, we headed out to see the fireworks. Our city was putting on a big Firework show at a park that is 2 minutes from our house. Even though we probably could have seen the show from our balcony, I wanted to join the 4th of July crowds. So we headed to the park.

We found a spot front and center, put our blanket in the grass and watched the show.
I love a good firework show!
It was perfect ending to our fun 4th of July Weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment