Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Summer 2012 Vacations

We were lucky enough to go on a few trips this summer while I was still able to travel. It's weird to think our next trip we will have babies in tow!

ALLEN SISTERS WEEK - TEXAS

In the beginning of May, Owen's mom flew all of the girls out to Texas for a sisters week. Owen got to tag along too. We spent 5 days enjoying each other's company, eating yummy foods, learning new things and hanging out with the kiddos. It was so fun to have everyone there at once! I'm very lucky to have such great 5 sister-in-laws and an amazing mother-in-law. They treat me like one of the sisters which I love! I cannot wait for our next sister week or even next Allen family gathering. We miss everyone since we are all spread out!

Working on our sisters quilt
Run/walk through the park


The original Allen family


MASSEY FAMILY CRUISE - MEXICAN RIVIERA

Since my little brothers got back from their missions in April, my family decided to do a family trip before our lives got even crazier with work, school and babies. They decided to take a week cruise down the Mexican Riviera in the middle of May. We had booked this cruise even before I found out I was pregnant, so luckily I barley made the cut off to be able to go on the cruise.

There was a total of 11 of us...the whole family and all of our spouses. We drove over to California and spent the evening with more family. My Uncle Vic hosted a delicious steak and lobster BBQ. It is always nice to spend time with my mom's side of the family, even though if it was a short visit.

Yummy food
The chefs
Aunt Janet, Me, LeAnn, Jessica, Mom, Angela


Sunday morning we boarded the cruise ship. We were on the Carnival Splendor. It was my first Carnival cruise and it was better than I anticipated. We even got a room upgrade somehow, which made the week even better!

Our ship



Babies' first cruise! 20 weeks.
 The first full day was spent at sea as we made our way down to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. I felt pretty good the whole week and was able to get around without feeling too tired or uncomfortable. The boat kept everyone busy during our sea days. I am so glad we went on this cruise with other people. It was nice for Owen to have my brothers to hang around with when I would go to bed early or take naps. They kept themselves very entertained!

Owen going down the water slide

Mini golf on the top deck

Laying out. The coldest days were at sea so sometimes we had to bundle up.

Basketball

Dinners with the family

Watching movies in our room with our towel animals
Our first day in Cabo we found a beach where we were able to rent surfboards and hang out on the beach. Owen was in heaven! We spent the day under umbrellas and eating at the grill while watching everyone surf. Owen was a great teacher for the rest of the family.

Zippers, Cabo

Eating and relaxing on the beach

So happy to not have to wear a wet suit!







 We found a different beach to hang out at during our 2nd day in Cabo. This was my favorite day by far! We hung out under umbrellas, ate lots of yummy Mexican food and played in the warm water all day.

I could do this all day, every day.



Boys playing in the water

My Mexico baby bump

I love me some Mexican food

Boys on the banana boat
More boat fun:

Owen in the Ricky Martin karaoke contest. My family paid him $20 to do it so of course he did.

Formal night at dinner

Buffet food. We.Ate.So.Much.

Boys decided to grow out dirty mustaches. Gross.

Our last stop was in Puerta Vallerta, Mexico. Most of my family did the zip line through the jungle this day. But since I was pregnant, my activities were very limited. Owen and I went to a water park with my brother and his wife (they swam with dolphins). Owen had fun on the slides while I hung out in the lazy river. Unfortunately, we have zero pictures of our Puerta adventures.


Zip Lining


At the end of the week, we made it home safely feeling extra tan and fat. I guess that's the point of a cruise though. It was fun to be able to go on a family vacation with the whole group. Our summer vacations have come to an end, but I'm so ready to start the nesting period and get ready for our boys to get here!

1 comment:

  1. What a FUN family vacation! Your family always looks like you guys have so much fun together. I love it. Cutest belly pictures. Baby K and K, huh? Can't wait to hear what their names will be!!

    ReplyDelete