Saturday, March 19, 2011

I left my heart in Arizona...

...for 3 weeks. 3 whole weeks we were visiting! It was fabulous. Arizona in March is the greatest. The high was in the 80's and the smell of orange blossoms filled the air. We had a variety of events to attend to during the 3 weeks, and Owen got lucky enough to work there for 2 of them, so the timing was perfect.



One of the main reasons we went down was for my friend Erin's wedding. Her missionary got home a few months ago and they got engaged right away. I am SO happy for her and Shawn. They make a great couple and I know they'll be loving married life.


Wedding Day : Mesa, AZ Temple



The beautiful bride!



Congrats Mr. & Mrs. Nimmer



Bridesmaids


We spent the weekends seeing our Arizona friends that we've missed so much. We are so lucky to have the greatest friends!





Kava night at the Rogers'



Saturday morning Softball Game


And now some not-so happy news:

Yup that's right. Our little puppy Jade got out of my parent's backyard and never returned. We thought at first someone would definitely find her and call us (since she did have her collar on), but now we are convinced that they couldn't deny her cuteness and kept her for their own. We did everything we possibly could to find her, but no luck. We are hoping that whoever has her wanted her bad enough to take really good care of her. Returning back to CA with only one pup was really sad though. Tear.




We were able to go to Braeden's Pine Wood Derby race and watch him win 1st place...go Brae!!




Pine Wood Derby


During our last week there I ended up getting the cold/flu thing that was going around. Ahhh. So. Miserable. It didn't help that I was at work ALL ALONE for the week while my family (which means our entire office staff) partied it up in Rocky Point, Mexico for Spring Break.


I had to do some major stocking up on sickness supplies to make it through the days.



I did manage to go to a super fun girls lunch...


...and hang out with Dawn and Stephanie's families at Peter Piper Pizza for a dinner.

Loch and Ash



Kennedy



Irelyn


My family got back from Mexico the day before we left back home to California, so we were able to celebrate my mom's birthday with a yummy dinner and delicious cup cakes.

Happy Birthday Mom!!


It was really a great trip and we are very much blessed to be able to stay in Arizona to see our family and friends. We made it back to our home in California (and the rain and cold), but I'm already looking forward to my next AZ visit.

1 comment: