Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spiders and Sleep

The other morning I woke up to a HUGE spider on our bed. I opened my eyes to a semi-dark room and saw the thing climbing up the corner of our bed. The thing looked kind of like this:


I jumped over Owen screaming spider! and ran to the bedroom door way. I stayed there and screamed and jumped up and down and pointed while Owen tried to find the thing. I COULD NOT understand what was taking him so long to find and kill the spider. It was HUGE and right in front of his face, jumping from the bed and back to the wall. I had never seen anything so big and scary that moved so fast and I couldn't understand how it got into our house. Finally after a few minutes of frantically searching, Owen yelled to me "How big is it!?" and I showed him by making my hands to about the size of a x-large pepperoni pizza. He stared at me for a second and then started laughing. Really hard.


I looked back to the bed for the spider and it was gone. And Owen was still laughing. I read the other week that lack of sleep brings hallucinations. I think I need more sleep. I don't want to wake up to spiders anymore, real or sleep-deprieved made-up ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment